Colleen Carboy, RN, JD was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1990 and is authorized to practice law in the state courts of Texas. She is also licensed to practice in the Northern, Western and Eastern District Courts of the United States of America.
Ms. Carboy is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law. She is also a Registered Nurse and has experience working in multiple nursing units including: pulmonary critical care, oncology, telemetry, infectious disease, post-operative and neurology.
Ms. Carboy is the Course Co-Director for the Annual Medical Malpractice Conference of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and she is a frequent speaker at the Advanced Medical Torts Conference for the State Bar of Texas.
Ms. Carboy is on the Board of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Texas Association of Nurse Attorneys, and she is the Immediate Past-President of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association. Ms. Carboy is a member of the American Association of Nurse Attorneys, the American Nurses Association, the Texas Nurses Association and American Association for Justice.
Ms. Carboy is a life member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which recognizes lawyers who have achieved superior results in complex litigation. Ms. Carboy is recognized as a member in the "Nation's Top One Percent" by the National Association of Distinguished Council.
Ms. Carboy is a fellowship member of The College of the State Bar of Texas. This is an honor society chartered by the Supreme Court of Texas to recognize lawyers who make an extraordinary commitment to professional education.
Education / Honors:
- Capital University School of Law – Juris Doctorate degree in 1990
- East Carolina University, BS in Nursing in 1987
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society
- President, Senior Nursing Class
- President, Lutheran Student Association
- Law Clerk, Lampkin, Van Eman, Trimble, Beal & Rourke, Columbus, Ohio, 1988-1990
- Associate Attorney, Mason, Snodgrass & Ostovich, 1991-1992
- Associate Attorney, Ferrer & Associates, 1992-1996
- Associate Attorney, Tracy & Girards, 1996-1997
- Partner, Tracy & Carboy, 1997-2006
- Partner, Juneau, Boll, Ward & Carboy, PLLC, 2006-2008
- President, Carboy Law Firm, 2008 to present